CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pink Christmas

This card is one of the few cards I had time to create this holiday season. I chose to make a card for my boss, who LOVES the color pink!!

Inspired by her favorite color, I decided to start with a pink Poinsettia. I used the Joys of the Season cartridge to cut out the poinsettia. I cut two of the flowers out.

Then I took one of the flowers ('first flower') and glued it to the single leaf cut--the 'second flower' I left seperate. Then I embossed both flowers separately. I then put adhesive-ready pearls in the center of the 'second flower', and then pop-dotted it
on top at a different angle from the 'first' to give the poinsettia a little dimension. This picture doesn't show the dimension very well, but it is definitely noticeable in person.

I also embossed the pearly paper and mounted it on the pink card after adding the pink satin ribbon. The sentiment was just a basic stamp, and I used a punch for the corners. I was extremely pleased with this greeting card, and my boss decided that it was so pretty and framed it! LOL

1 comment: